Forum

October 18th buck

Started by Andrew Drewis · 6 Replies

Andrew Drewis

12 months ago

Posted: 11 months ago
Long time reader first post after the new site launched I thought I'd create and account and get involved in the conversation, with all the knowledge I've gained from the forum in the years past from the licking/ scrape trees to seeing how you guys set up. I have a small 10 acre piece of timber to hunt that my in-laws own that butts up to a larger 40 acre piece so it's a natural pinch point. Last year I put in my first food plot to try and get some deer to come off the neighbors and onto my piece well with worked with connecting with my best buck yet. So this year I made it slightly larger and a little more thought out. This buck was the first one I had got on camera back in August and said if he ever presented a shot I was going to take him. On October 18th with a great October cold front moving in he came out of the neighbors thicket and into the plot to check to see if there was any does in the food plot there wasn't so he turned to the north to head towards the cedar thicket and presented a 32 yards broad side shot. I gave him the meh to stop him and let it fly shot felt great looked good half way there to only have him duck like you cut his legs off well I spined him. So I had to put another arrow in him to finish him off couldn't of been happier with him. Now come on late season.
Share on my timeline

elvis188 Joined: 12 months ago

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on an awesome buck.

Stick1 Joined: 12 months ago

Nice buck, huge body.

Skip Sligh Joined: 12 months ago

Lot of toads you posted on the home page. Well done & congrats again. Look forward to seeing many more!

Robin Schneider Joined: 11 months ago

Great buck, Congrats.

Jason Bryan Joined: 11 months ago

Nice buck, congrats!

Ike M Joined: 11 months ago

Congrats! Great buck!